A BIT OF SILLY GOSSIP

By Two Silly Cats
Miss Millie Pussywillow and Miss Molly Catwiskers were overheard, whilst on their way to the fish market to buy fresh fish for their supper , gossiping as usual about the recent events at Hollyhock Hill. Miss Millie hadn't bothered as yet to read the latest edition of the Chronicle.
Quote;
"Well Miss Millie ,what do you make of the gruesome murder and abduction , slap bang in the middle of our quiet little village?" asked Miss Molly
"What on earth are you on about ?" enquired Miss Millie
"Why, haven't you read the latest news in the Chronicle ? " asked Miss Molly"

"No, I have not. I am far too busy working on my patchwork quilt. It has started to get rather chilly and I want to finish it before the winter sets in " replied Miss Millie

" You are acquainted, I am sure, with Miss Rosie and Miss Myrtle that live on Grassy Lane in Chickie Village. Yes, well Miss Myrtle was found dead with her poor neck broken and Miss Rosie is nowhere to be seen, obviously abducted. And to top it all off that security guard, Dusty Barkalot was found sleeping on the job. " declared Miss Molly.

" No ! what Are you telling me, Oh ! shame on him, Oh ! I can't believe it. No, there must be some mistake , I saw the two of them just the other day Miss Molly, they were with Mamma Duck in the grain store buying extra grain for the winter . They were complaining about those cheeky youngsters from the Blackbird family that live on Plumtree Avenue. It seems they are incorrigible and take great delight in stealing Miss Rosie and Miss Myrtle's supper right from under their beaks.The poor dears even went to the trouble of buying a very expensive grain storage contraption to try and put an end to the problem so as not to add extra grief to Mrs Blackbird, who has enough on her plate already, what with that husband of hers." said Miss Millie.

"Oh no Miss Molly, I truly don't believe those nice Blackbird youngsters could do such a thing." exclaimed Miss Millie.

" Be that as it may Miss Millie . The Chronicle reckons that Mr Fox is lurking around Hollyhock Hill, a bounty has been put on his head an' all. Apparently Mrs Hessie Mouse saw him sneaking around the village, up to no good he was I can tell you, she is beside herself with worry." said Miss Molly.

"Well, yes Miss Molly I did hear that Mrs Hessie has gone into hiding again, poor soul. Maybe we should warn Mrs Mamma Duck .....?" said Miss Millie

"Indeed Miss Millie it looks like Mr Fox has got it in for our feathered friends. What a state of affairs, I don't think I can cope with all of this. Oh dear me, Oh dearie me ! " wailed Miss Molly
end quote.

This details of this conversation was passed on to the editor by, Guess who !!!

PS: Lady Hester of Green gate Manor, a little birdie had told her.....

Reported by Jovi Woofely

posted under |

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you all.Foxes are nasty creatures and deserve to be shot. Hollyhock Hill sounds like a lovely community, I will visit again. I hope peace will reign again soon.

love & best wishes

Newer Post Older Post Home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sweet melodies to soothe your soul
you can play both together if you like
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

........Home Sweet Home.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jovi Woofley

Jovi Woofley
Award Winning Freelance Journalist

Dusty Barkalot

Dusty Barkalot
Security Guard Extraordinaire

    THIS CAKE IS DELICIOUS MY DEAR

    SOURCE OF BEAUTIFUL PICTURES

Recent Comments