Exotic Garden...The Beginning...


Vintage plant stand adds a bit of character to this spot at the entrance of the exotic garden. This garden is a work in progress and this is just the beginning, There is a saying,":A garden is a thing of beauty and a job forever". And it is so true. Since taking these photos I 

have pulled out Cosmos and 
Hollyhocks as their season is over to make room for Foxgloves, Larkspur and Delphiniums and hopefully some Campanula. These are generally viewed as cottage plants but they do add a soft romance to the tropical garden. I have also 
planted more Ginger, Pineapple
 Lily and Dahlias. Spring Bulbs have also found a spot in a section of the garden that does manage to enjoy full sun during most of  the day. Japanese Anemones or wind Flower are still reaching for the sky 

here.  I am looking forward to enjoying Daffodils, Alium drumstick, Muscari, Pickwick Crocus and Fritillaria Meleagris. I have not been able to grow  Fritillarias in the past, I always seem to lose them but I love them so much I am going to try again. There are many more delightful bulbs available as you the reader and garden enthusiast are well aware, it would be too long  for this post to list them all.

  The fluffy four legged creature prancing about is my beloved poodle, Dusty. He is also a keen lover of the garden and our chief security guard. He scans the property searching for unwanted intruders such as rats and mice. I have lost count of the number he has successfully apprehended  and banished from the property. He takes his job very seriously and guards over Chickie Village diligently to make sure the ladies are safe and sound, not even the gentle Turtle Doves are permitted to enter. The plastic parrots you will notice, while adding a certain charm, are placed on the edge of the garden beds to deter those cheeky blackbirds from digging for worms and making a mess all over the paths and it is working very well. It was very annoying as I would have to sweep the paths numerous times per day.
 I have had  the misfortune of breaking two lovely pots as you will notice scrolling through the images, but I decided to put my creative hat on and turned them into miniature broken pot gardens.  The large one has a broken jug in it. This beautiful jug broke en route to Australia 

from Germany and belonged to my mother in law so it was a sentimental piece which I could not just throw in the rubbish bin. Now it has a new life. the smaller green one is not finished, I am looking for a miniature cottage to place on the top and 

some more tiny plants, like I have said the garden is a never ending job even so a most enjoyable one, an adventure even. I hope you enjoy strolling through my garden. Click on the pictures to enlarge.






































































posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your garden is gorgeous! It looks like a wonderful retreat. You are very creative :)

Unknown said...

Yout garden looks fabulous.
Your garden is amazing.
I love it.
Well done.

Annemarie said...

Thank you for your lovely, encouraging comments :)

Newer Post Older Post Home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sweet melodies to soothe your soul
you can play both together if you like
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

free counter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sweet Visitors
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


YOU MAY USE 'comments'
TO REPORT GOINGS ON
IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD.
THANK YOU J.W.

Halloooooooo

Reading all about it

Powered by Blogger.

........Home Sweet Home.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jovi Woofley

Jovi Woofley
Award Winning Freelance Journalist

Dusty Barkalot

Dusty Barkalot
Security Guard Extraordinaire

    THIS CAKE IS DELICIOUS MY DEAR

    SOURCE OF BEAUTIFUL PICTURES

Recent Comments