A MEMORIAL SERVICE


FOREVER IN OUR THOUGHTS
A memorial service was held last night for our dear friends Miss Rosie and Miss Myrtle, may they R.I.P.

There was not a dry eye in the house as Miss Rosie's favourite Psalm, Pslam 23 was sung by the congregation.

The LORD Is My Shepherd

1The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green  pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest  my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

An eulogy was given by Mrs MacKluckity who was especially fond of them both. Many hours were spent in each others kitchens trying out new recipes. Miss Myrtle's strawberry preserves were second to none and Miss Rosie made the best scones in the neighbourhood.
Invitations to high tea was a regular happening at the cottage .
There was a permanent arrangement for an ' all are welcome ' picnic on Sunday afternoons after service on the grassy meadow by their cottage. Everybody who came along brought a plate of something scrumptious to eat. Nobody ever went hungry in Chickie Village, Miss Rosie and Miss Myrtle made sure of that.
It grieves us all so very deeply that they had to come to such a sad end.

They will be sorely missed and forever fondly remembered .

May they rest in peace

Reported by Jovi Woofley

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sweet melodies to soothe your soul
you can play both together if you like
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

........Home Sweet Home.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jovi Woofley

Jovi Woofley
Award Winning Freelance Journalist

Dusty Barkalot

Dusty Barkalot
Security Guard Extraordinaire

    THIS CAKE IS DELICIOUS MY DEAR

    SOURCE OF BEAUTIFUL PICTURES

Recent Comments